Lynette D. Jones Esthetics
Dark Spot Treatment
Dark Spot Treatment in Toledo, OH
If you have started to notice the appearance of dark spots, come to Lynette D. Jones Esthetics for dark spots removal. We have designed the Dark Spot Treatment Program to help you battle your skin pigmentation and uneven skin tone. For more information, call us or schedule an appointment online.
From freckles to birthmarks and age spots to scarring, there are many things that can alter the evenness of your complexion. While these dark spots are generally harmless, that doesn’t stop the millions of people from seeking treatment to even their skin tone. Especially when it comes to their face, people want to have a smooth, attractive appearance, and Lynette D Jones Esthetics has the solution for you!
What can remove dark spots fast?
Are you wondering how to remove dark spots from the skin? Let’s start by looking at various home remedies to treat dark spots.
- Turmeric – Combine two teaspoons of Turmeric with curd and besan and make a thick paste out of it. Apply it on the skin as a face pack and rinse it off with lukewarm water. Pat dry.
- Tomato Paste – Apply tomato juice on the skin for 20 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water to lighten dark spots and skin complexion.
- Manjistha – Mix Manjistha powder with honey and leave it on your face for 15-20 minutes before washing it off and pat dry your skin.
- Green Tea – Steep a green tea bag in boiled water for a few minutes. Remove it and rub it over the dark patches of your skin. Placing green tea bags under your eyes can also remove dark circles.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Mix an identical amount of water and apple cider vinegar in a bowl and apply it on the dark spots and pigmentation marks. Rinse off with lukewarm water and use your favorite serum and moisturizer. If the mixture stings, add more water to it.
What’s the best treatment for dark spots?
There are several options estheticians have to lighten and treat dark spots on the skin.
Microdermabrasion – During a microdermabrasion session, a skin specialist will gently remove your top layer of skin using a specialized tool that exfoliates the top layer of skin, removing sun spots, discoloration, and some acne scars. Microdermabrasion also helps promote the growth of new collagen. It’s one of those plastic surgery alternatives that gives the skin a glowing boost with virtually no commitment. It’s also painless!
Chemical Peels – An in studio chemical peel can be an excellent way to send your dark spots packing. A chemical peeling agent is applied to the skin for about 10 minutes and then it’s removed. Depending on your skin type and the level of peeling recommended for your skin issues, the peeling agent could contain an AHA (alpha hydroxy acid, such as lactic acid, salicylic acid, mandelic acid, or glycolic acid) or a deeper level peeling agent such as TCA (trichloroacetic acid).
How can I remove dark spots caused by the sun?
Over-the-counter & professional products that contain 2% hydroquinone are usually best to help fade the look of brown spots. We recommend Complexions Clinical Skincare’s Kojic-HQ Brightening Serum. Decades of research have proven this ingredient to be safe and effective when used as directed.
Always protect exposed skin from UV light with a broad-spectrum sunscreen, not only during summer but year-round. This is essential to the success of any product for fading dark spots; plus, it keeps more age spots from showing up.
Products to improve the look of discolorations and brighten skin include those with niacinamide, vitamin C, and azelaic acid. Products with such ingredients can be applied at the same time as a product that contains hydroquinone.
It’s important to know that sunspots on the skin can be stubborn. You might find that the best approach to address sunspots is an in studio treatment from an esthetician accompanied by professional skincare.
If you or someone you know is worried about the dark spots on their face or body, come to Lynette D Jones Esthetics, where our professional esthetician has the tools and experience to make you look and feel your best! To get in touch with a specialist, contact our office today. Visit us online or give us a call to book an appointment!