Telangiectasia Treatment Questions and Answers
Telangiectasia is treatable, so book an appointment today at Lynette D. Jones Tailored Skincare Solutions located in Toledo, OH. Lynette D. Jones is an Acne and Skin of Color Specialist. For more information, call us.
Table of Contents:
Telangiectasia is a skin condition of red lines that create a pattern on the skin typically in clusters that spread out from a central point. They may be more commonly known as spider veins due to their weblike appearance. The condition is commonly found in areas that are very visible, such as the cheeks, fingers, eyes, nose and lips. The exact cause of telangiectasia is unknown however there are several causes that seem to contribute to its development. These causes can be genetic or environmental, with chronic sun exposure or exposure to extreme temperatures also appearing to be a common cause. Researchers believe the sun plays a part in the appearance of telangiectasia because they tend to appear on the areas of the skin that are more likely to be exposed to sunlight. Additional causes seem to be alcoholism, pregnancy, aging, rosacea, scleroderma, dermatomyositis and systemic lupus erythematosus. Genetics seem to cause hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia, with the condition being passed down from at least one parent.
Telangiectasia is treatable although it won’t go away without medical intervention. The goal of telangiectasia treatment is to improve the appearance of the skin and minimize the red lines associated with the condition. The different treatment options include:
– Laser therapy to target the vessel that has become widened and seal it off, preventing blood from flowing through the vessel. Eventually it will dry up and get absorbed back into the body. This option has minimal pain and the recovery time is short.
– Surgery is an option to remove the widened vessel completely. This procedure can be very painful, and recovery will be long.
– Sclerotherapy causes damage to the blood vessel’s inner lining through an injection of a chemical solution. This will cause a blood clot that will collapse, thicken or scar the venule. Recovery time on this option is none but you may be temporarily restricted on the type of physical activity you can do.
Lynette D Jones Tailored Skincare Solutions offers telangiectasia treatment to residents of Toledo, OH and surrounding areas. Her practice offers a wide range of treatments and services tailored to her patients’ individual skincare needs. With many years of experience and hundreds of patients treated, the team at Lynette D Jones are able to have patients looking their best with a customized treatment plan unique to each individual’s situation. We will carefully analyze your skin and get a complete understanding of your concerns, as well as the results you are looking to achieve through your skincare treatment and build a plan to get you there. Call us today to find out how we can help you get the radiant skin you deserve.
Telangiectasia has to be treated by a trained professional using one of three different procedures to get rid of the vessels causing the unsightly red lines. Telangiectasia treatment will improve the skin’s appearance by removing the red lines. Your provider can help you determine which treatment option will work best for you, with the options being:
– Laser therapy that targets the widened vessel and uses a laser to seal it off, cutting off access for blood to flow through. Without blood flowing through the vessel, it will eventually dry up and get absorbed into the body. This procedure is fairly painless with minimal recovery time.
– Surgery is a more invasive procedure as it involves making an incision and removing the offending vessel. This procedure can be painful and has a longer recovery time.
– Sclerotherapy uses a chemical solution that is injected into the vessel to cause damage to the inner lining, resulting in a blood clot that will thicken, collapse or scar the venule. There is typically no recovery time for this procedure although you may be recommended to avoid or restrict exercise while you heal.
Reach out to Lynette Dr. Jones, Acne and Skin of Color Specialist, today to learn more about treatments for telangiectasia.
We serve patients from Toledo OH, Ottawa Hills OH, Rossford OH, Holland OH, and Shoreland OH.